How to Regrip a Tennis Racket
How to Re-Grip a Tennis Racket:
VukGripz is changing the grip game yet again with its American Made Tennis Overgrips! These are 100% different than any alternative out there making VukGripz one of the best tennis overgrips in the game! With that, there are certain tips and tricks that we have mastered over the years to ensure the best wrapping experience for our VukPack tennis players!
1) Do not remove all the backing at once. The backing keeps the grip stable and it also keeps the adhesive "at-bay" until it is needed!
2) Do not pull hard when applying. It doesn't take much tension to get the tennis grip to lay flat on the racket! Keep your hands together and use your thumbs to provide enough tension so that you are simply manipulating the grip around the tennis racquet!
3) When applying tension to the grip, make sure your hands are as close to the paddle as possible. Other grip or tape techniques tell you to pull tight, which makes your applying hand stay several inches away from the paddle. So, when you keep your hands close to the handle, it will allow you to use your thumbs to manipulate the grip! Your thumbs will then provide the tension to the part of the pickleball grip that is being stuck/applied to the handle at that moment! This will help prevent the pickleball paddle grip tape from curling in!
4) VukGripz are the best tennis racket overgrips because players can wrap their handle edge-to-edge or with an overlap. A traditional feel will be an overlap approach as it provides groves for your fingers to fit into! With either technique, be sure to overlap the starting edge on the first time around the handle to cover it! This will protect it and keep it from unpeeling by accident during use (i.e. your hand keeps hitting that edge; from being put into your tennis bag; etc)
5) We know not all rackets are the same size! So, be sure to have some scissors ready incase you need to trim off some of the extra grip! When doing this, cut diagonally away from you (towards the finishing end of the grip) to give yourself a finishing edge...and for safety!
6) Lastly, be sure to apply electrical tape or our finishing tape to the finishing end of the grip. This will not only give our overgrip a clean, finished look. But, it will also protect that finishing edge during play; going in/out of your bag; and just from getting hit by accident.
Shop the Best Tennis Overgrips Today!
Be sure to visit our extensive collection of colors and designs on our website! Click Here to join the VukPack!