There are a few different ways to grip a golf club, and the grip you use will ultimately depend on your own personal preference. However, there are a few general tips that can help you get started.
How to Hold a Golf Club - Your Grip
- First, it's important to grip the club in your left hand if you are right-handed (and vice versa if you are left-handed).
- Then, you will want to position your hand so that your thumb is pointing down the shaft of the club.
- From there, place your four fingers around the grip, making sure that your grip is firm but not too tight.
- If your fingers are gripped too stiffly, it will be difficult to make a smooth swing.
- Finally, you can use your right hand to grip the club as well, positioning it just below your left hand. Again, the grip on your golf club should be firm but not too tight.
- By gripping the club in both hands, you'll be able to generate more power and control your shots more effectively
How to Hold a Golf Club- Your Stance
- Once you have a good grip on the club, you can then focus on your stance. Again, there is no one perfect stance, but you will want to make sure that your feet are shoulder-width apart and that you have a slight bend in your knees.
- You also want to be sure that your weight is evenly distributed between your feet.
- Finally, when you are ready to swing, be sure to keep your grip firm but relaxed and focus on hitting the ball squarely. Follow through with your swing, and then watch where your ball goes!
There are many different factors that affect how well you will play golf, but if you start with a good grip and proper stance, you'll be well on your way to hitting the ball like a pro.
How to Hold a Golf Club - Golf Grip Tape
You can greatly improve your grip by using VukGripz golf grip tape. VukGripz replaces your old, worn-out grip with a new one that gives you more grip, more power, and more consistency. It also provides extra grip in wet conditions and can be used on all types of clubs, including woods, irons, hybrids, and even putters.
VukGripz golf grips are easy to apply and only take a few minutes to install. Simply clean your club's grip with rubbing alcohol, remove the old grip, and apply the new grip according to the included instructions.
VukGripz comes with enough grip tape for one club, and you can choose from a variety of colors to customize your clubs. Order your VukGripz golf grip tape today!